Born June 21, 1948 in Rome (Italy)
Degree in Letters
Writing prize at the National Conservatory of Music in Paris , where he was a student of André JOLIVET (Composition class).
Fellow of the Casa Velázquez, in Madrid (1970-72) and of the Villa Médicis, in Rome (1978-80) Producer at France Musique, since 1973.
• Georges Enesco Prize (1982) and Prize for the best contemporary creation (1986) ) , for his first String Quartet, awarded by SACEM.
• Nominated for the Victoires de la Musique in 1986 , for his first String Quartet.
• Grand Prix Musical de la Ville de Paris (1990)
• SACEM Composers Prize (1991)
• La Missa brevis (in 1991) and Landschaft mit Argonauten (in 1995) were distinguished by the International Tribune of UNESCO.
• New Talents Prize, awarded by the SACD (1993).
• Nominated twice for the Victoires de la Musique Classique 1993, for Le Château des Carpathes.
• Grand Prix of the French Disc Academy. for the recordings of the first string quartet and of the Carpathian Castle
• Arthur Honegger Prize 1994 , for the Concerto n ° 1 for cello.
• Prix du Syndicat de la Critique Musicale et Dramatique 1994 , for Le Château des Carpathes and Concerto n ° 1 for cello.
• Maurice Ravel Prize (1996)
• Appointed, for two years, “composer in residence” with the Orchester National de Lyon (from September 1998 to September 2000)
• Grand Prix for Symphonic Music , awarded by SACEM (1998)
• Grand Prix Musical de la Fondation Simone and Cino del Duca , awarded by the Academy of Fine Arts (2001).
• Victoire de la Musique classical 2005 (Composer of the year)
• Presences Festival of Radio France in February 2004 . A retrospective of his works was offered on this occasion, as well as the creation of his Violin Concerto, commissioned by Radio France.
• Appointed in 2008 composer in residence at the Orchester de Bretagne for three seasons.
• Nominated for the Victoires de la Musique Classique 2008, 2009 & 2010.
• Victoires de la Musique Classique 2010 (Composer of the year)
• Grand Prix Lycéen des Composers (2012)
• Nominated for the Victoires de la Musique Classique in 2015
• Composer in residence at the Besançon Festival, for the years 2016 and 2017
• Victory of Classical Music 2016 (Composer of the year)